If you are a service provider, this one’s for you! Whether you are a CPA, real estate agent, insurance broker, banker, lawyer, appraiser, financial consultant or __________(fill in the blank!), developing and maintaining a successful business is not only possible, it is highly probable….if you follow my “7 Pillars” strategies.
1) Develop a presence
- Look bigger than you are
- Develop and execute a marketing plan. Spend some time and money here!
- Demonstrate your expertise by becoming a resource to others
2) Great is better than unique
- Don’t think you have to come up with something that has never been done before…
- But what you do must be excellent!
- “Quality” can be difficult to describe but we all know it when we see it.
3) The Product Is You
- You are the CEO…and COO, CFO, CTO and a lot of other C’s.
- The main thing is the main thing: do what you do best and hire your weaknesses
- As service providers, our value comes from our time and our knowledge
4) Have More Than A Clue…Have A Plan!
- Reverse engineer your goals.
- Determine what you want to make in 5 years and what it will take to get there…then work backwards, breaking your goals down to 3 years, one year, 6 months, 3 months, 1 month tasks
- Writing it down starts the magic. Looking at your goals and acting on them puts you in the upper 1% of humans!
5) Referrals Come From Relationships
- Find out who has or who can send you business
- Become their new best friend
6) Over Deliver
- What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you are saying
- Believe me: people will remember what you promise, especially if it is to their benefit
- So under promise and over deliver
7) You Gotta Wanna
- Attitude is everything. You have to want to succeed. You gotta wanna!
- Be assertive without being obnoxious. Tell people what you do. Ask for the business. Be hungry.
- People love to be around enthusiastic people. Develop an optimistic personality.
In other news, the blog hit 5000 views today! So far The Unlimited Project has been seen in 59 countries across the world. Thank you so much for your continued support.